Ladies and gentlemen, a close friend of mine today had the audacity to say this:
"Who the fuck gives a shit about socks?"
Well, seeing as socks are one of my most complimented pieces in my entire wardrobe, I’d say quite a lot of shits are given about socks. So in response to this question, I promised him that I would create a top 10 list of my all-time favorite male hosiery pieces that are sure to get him noticed (as well as where to buy them).
Erik Molnes, this one is for you.
9. Argyle socks (by Express). Personally not too big of a fan of argyle, but I get tons of compliments with these so they definitely deserve some recognition.
8. Richer Poorer’s Walk-On in red. Stripes. Richer Poorer. They’re a staple.
7. Polka dot print socks (this particular one by Etiquette Clothiers). A classic.
6. Etiquette’s Boot Socks in Twisted Grey Black. Rugged looking yet soft as a feather.
5. Anchor print socks (by Banana Republic). No discussion here, bitches love anchors.
4. Basically any sock J.Crew carries. These are one of my particular favorites, although I have yet to see this exact pair in stores…
3. Cashmere Blend socks by RL. Basically just pillows for your feet. On sale too.
1. Corgi socks. A european brand. Long and deep history of hosiery + extra fine materials + awesome designs makes these my #1 choice. Available (to the US) at J.Crew.
Note: Make sure your pants are at the proper length to achieve optimal results.
PS. I am not affiliated with any of these companies (although I’d like to be).